Parenting Workshop: Emotional Coaching
Our School Counsellors are facilitating a parenting workshop this June. Over the course of three weeks, you will be equipped with valuable tools to assist you in building your child’s emotional intelligence.
‘Emotion Coaching: the Heart of Parenting’ presents a 5-step method that builds emotional intelligence and creates positive, long lasting effects for children. Easy to learn, and used by parents, educators and caregivers, it supports kids through life’s ups and downs in a way that builds confidence and helps them grow socially, emotionally and intellectually.
Researchers have found that even more than IQ, your emotional awareness and ability to handle feelings will determine your success and happiness in all walks of life. Acclaimed researchers and therapists Drs. John and Julie Gottman present this proven program to show you how to be there for your child when it really counts.
At the end of this program you will be able to:
- – Understand the importance of Emotional Intelligence
- – Learn how to recognise, respond to and validate what your child is feeling
- – Learn how to be an effective Emotion Coach using the Five Steps of Emotion Coaching with kids of any age
- – Discover ways to express understanding and empathy
- – Learn how to set limits and problem solve with children
WHEN: Tues 4, 11 and 18 June
WHERE: Sutton Theatre, SB2.9
Parents are welcome to attend one, two or all three sessions. Whilst the course is open to all St Paul’s families, the program is geard towards families with Junior School aged children.
For more information, contact Rexina Harding (Counselling) at [email protected]
Please RSVP to Rexina, however anyone is welcome to attend on the day.