Earlier in the week, the House Leaders and I were up at Alexandra Headlands with next year’s Secondary School Captains. It was an amazing day getting to know this exceptional group of young people who will be leading our School in 2024. The House Leaders and I were very impressed with how cohesively they all worked together and we’re really looking forward to seeing them create their own legacy at St Paul’s School. My sincere thanks to the House Leaders and Rev Leam for giving up part of their weekend and their leadership in this space. I’m excited to be walking alongside this group of talented leaders.
Also, last Friday night, I thoroughly enjoyed watching the Battle of the Bands competition. The talent on display completely blew me away – I wouldn’t be surprised if a few record labels will be contacting some of the students in the years to come.
There’s plenty of other activities going on around our campus over the next few days. Just a sample of these include:
- The Year 6s will soon arrive back from Canberra and from all reports it’s been a fantastic trip
- The Volleyball Supporters Group had a great end of year breakup celebrating the successes of the season
- Swimming club has begun for 23/24 and hopefully the pool temperature starts to rise a little
- Design Led Ventures (DLV) 5.0 continues apace towards their grand finale with the tams starting to implement their business models. This is an amazing project, showing the power of Realms of Thinking in action
- A Vanuatu information evening about next year’s trip. Be sure to reach out to Rev Leam if you have any questions
- Three of our Year 11 students are currently in Japan attending World School – what an amazing opportunity it is for them to make global connections and represent St Paul’s on the world stage
As you can see it’s a very busy, but exciting term. We’re also providing our very best wishes for our Year 12s who will soon finish up their classes and begin their final exams. I’ve been very encouraged by how well they are preparing for the end of the year and look forward to celebrating their successes with them.
John O’Sullivan Williams