Information provided about students to the Australian Government for the NCCD includes:
- – year of schooling;
- – category of disability: physical, cognitive, sensory or social/emotional;
- – level of adjustment provided: support provided within quality differentiated teaching practice, supplementary, substantial or extensive.
This information assists schools to:
- – formally recognise the supports and adjustments provided to students with disability in schools;
- – consider how they can strengthen the support of students with disability in schools;
- – develop shared practices so that they can review their learning programs in order to improve educational outcomes for students with disability.
The NCCD provides state and federal governments with the information they need to plan more broadly for the support of students with disability.
The Fact Sheet for Parents, Guardians and Careers is available on the NCCD website: https://www.nccd.edu.au/sites/default/files/fact%20sheet%20for%20parents%20guardians%20and%20carers.pdf
If you have any questions about the NCCD, please contact me via email at: [email protected]
Dr Paul Browning