Brisbane City Council Libraries Gold Star Reading Club
Children across the city are invited to discover the joys of reading with the Gold Star Reading Club program in Council libraries until 20 November 2020.
The Gold Star Reading Club is designed to encourage and develop reading and literacy skills in children.
There are four great reasons for children to get involved in the 2020 Gold Star Reading Club.
- Membership to the Gold Star Reading Club is FREE!
- The Gold Star Reading Club can help children improve their reading and literacy skills.
- Children will be rewarded for reading with an exciting incentive – a library bag.
- It’s FUN! Children will have fun sharing their reading experiences with family and friends.
How the program works – it’s easy and free!
- This year, the Gold Star Reading Club is a five-week program for children aged 6-12 years.
- Register for the Gold Star Reading Club at your local library or via Council’s website – brisbane.qld.gov.au/libraries. Your child must be a library member to join Gold Star – library membership only takes a couple of minutes and is free. Each child’s parent or guardian must bring photo identification (i.e. driver’s licence or passport) and proof of their address to any Council library, and you and your child can become members in a matter of minutes. It’s that easy.
- Gold Star members will receive a Gold Star Reading Club pocket book that includes a progress chart.
- By reading just two books of their choice each week before recording the details in their pocket book, children can collect ten gold stars and an incentive.
- Children who collect all ten gold stars are eligible to receive a medallion and a certificate of achievement after the program has ended on 20 November 2020.
For more information about the Gold Star Reading Club, visit your local library or call Council on 3403 8888.