Full Time, Term Time position
Commencing on Monday 9 September 2019
(Start date is negotiable)
St Paul’s School is located in the outer northern Brisbane suburb of Bald Hills. It is an Anglican co-educational school from Pre-Prep to Year 12 with an International School.
The School is seeking an experienced Administrative Assistant to work in the Music Department. This is a full time, term time position, working five days per week (Monday to Friday), from 9.00am to 5.00pm, for 38 hours per week, 7.6 hours per day. The position will commence on Monday 9 September 2019, however the start date is negotiable for the suitable candidate.
Applicants for the above positions are to respond to the following selection criteria.
- No formal qualifications are required for the position.
- Experience in using The Alpha School System (TASS) would be an advantage.
- A professional and courteous phone manner;
- A high level of organisational and interpersonal skills;
- A high level of communication, written and verbal skills;
- Ability to find solutions though creative thinking and collaboration;
- ICT proficiency;
- A service ethic;
- Ability to work to deadlines;
- Ability to work effectively with minimal explicit direction and supervision;
- A willingness to be a member of a team and to work collegially with other staff members;
- High level of professional standards and conduct;
- Experience working in a School setting would be an advantage;
- Willing support for the Anglican Ethos of the School;
- Possession of, or the ability to acquire, a current blue card (Working with Children Check by Blue Card Services);
- Agree to undergo a Criminal History/Police Check conducted by the School;
- Must be an Australian resident and eligible to work in Australia.
Criminal History Checks:
- The School will conduct a Criminal History/Police Check on the successful applicant;
- The offer of this position is subject to the successful outcome of the Police Check and the Working with Children Check application;
- Should the Police Check or the Working with Children Check application reveal a negative outcome, the offer of this position will be immediately withdrawn.
POSITION DESCRIPTION & GUIDELINES
Applications are to include:
- Responses to the abovementioned Selection Criteria (refer to the Position Description, Guide for Job Applicants, and Code of Conduct);
- A current CV;
- Names and contact details of three referees (phone and email).
Applications close at 4.00pm on Friday 23 August 2019.
Only electronic applications will be considered. Applications sent in the mail or hand delivered will not be accepted.
DO NOT APPLY VIA SEEK. ALL APPLICATIONS TO BE EMAILED DIRECTLY TO THE HEADMASTER, AS PER INSTRUCTIONS BELOW.
Applications are to be addressed as follows and sent via email only:
Dr Paul Browning
St Paul’s School
BALD HILLS QLD 4036
SHORTLISTING & INTERVIEWS
- Only those shortlisted will be contacted.
- Shortlisted candidates will be notified by Monday 26 August 2019.
- All shortlisted candidates MUST be available to attend an interview, in person, at the School on Thursday 29 August 2019.