Permanent, Full Time Position
From Term 3 2023
Commencing on Monday 10 July 2023
(or sooner if possible)
St Paul’s School is located in the outer northern Brisbane suburb of Bald Hills. It is an Anglican co-educational school from Pre-Prep to Year 12 with an International School.
The School is seeking an experienced Teacher to teach Science, Biology and lower secondary Mathematics.
This is a full time, permanent position, commencing on Monday 10 July 2023 (to attend a Staff Professional Development Day). The students commence Term 3 on Tuesday 11 July 2023.
If the successful candidate is able to commence sooner than Term 3 (ie. in May or June, during Term 2) that would be ideal.
Teachers at St Paul’s are responsible for the delivery of a holistic education; that is, the development of resilient, global citizens, who are innovative thinkers with a heart for servant leadership. This includes being responsible for the implementation of the St Paul’s School Common Learning Framework as articulated in the School’s Guiding Principles and Strategies (GPS) document:
- Providing direction, supervision, and care for students;
- Effective planning, implementation and reviewing of learning programs;
- Maintaining professional standards as defined by the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers;
- Effective management of students in the classroom and wider school community;
- Emphasising the Christian ethos of the School.
Important conditions of employment:
- Must agree to undergo a Criminal History/Police Check conducted by the School;
- Must agree to be checked against the Anglican Church’s National Professional Standards Register;
- Must be an Australian resident and eligible to work in Australia.
- Applicants should address the Selection Criteria as outlined in the Position Description: Classroom Teacher
- Applicants should refer to the Recruitment Application Guide for Job Applicants;
- The School has a commitment to creating environments for children and young people to thrive. All staff must comply with the School’s Code of Conduct. All applicants are instructed to read and reflect their agreement of the School’s Code of Conduct – A Code of Conduct for Anglican Schools and Education & Care Services.
- Applications should also include:
- A current CV;
- Names and contact details of three referees (phone and email).
Applications close at 4.00pm on Friday 31 March 2023.
Only electronic applications will be considered. Applications sent in the mail or hand delivered will not be accepted.
DO NOT APPLY VIA SEEK. ALL APPLICATIONS TO BE EMAILED DIRECTLY TO THE HEADMASTER, AS PER INSTRUCTIONS BELOW.
Applications are to be addressed as follows and sent via email only:
Dr Paul Browning
St Paul’s School
BALD HILLS QLD 4036
SHORTLISTING & INTERVIEWS
- Only those shortlisted will be contacted.
- Shortlisted candidates will be notified by Wednesday 12 April 2023.
- Shortlisted interviewed candidates may also be required to teach a lesson, under observation, as part of the recruitment process.
- Interviews will be held on Wednesday 19 April 2023.