Full Time, Permanent Position
Commencing at the start of the 2022 School Year
St Paul’s School is located in the outer northern Brisbane suburb of Bald Hills. It is an Anglican co-educational school from Pre-Prep to Year 12 with an International School.
The School is seeking a Secondary Maths and Science Teacher. The ability to teach Mathematics Methods, Physics or Chemistry would be an advantage. The position is suitable for both experienced and graduate teachers. This full time, permanent position will commence at the start of the 2022 School Year.
The Classroom Teacher is responsible for the delivery of a holistic education; that is, the development of resilient, global citizens, who are innovative thinkers with a heart for servant leadership. This includes being responsible for the implementation of the St Paul’s School Common Learning Framework as articulated in the School’s Guiding Principles and Strategies (GPS) document:
- Providing direction, supervision and care for students;
- Effective planning, implementation and reviewing of learning programs;
- Maintaining professional standards as defined by the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers;
- Working towards achieving Realms of Thinking Certification;
- Effective management of students in the classroom and wider school community;
- Emphasising the Christian ethos of the School.
- A degree in the relevant subject area, educational qualifications, and current Queensland College of Teachers registration.
- A commitment to life-long learning and a passion for teaching;
- An enjoyment of working with young people;
- A proven understanding of recent teaching methodology including differentiation of the curriculum;
- High level of communication and interpersonal skills (written and verbal);
- Excellent organisational skills;
- A willingness to be a member of a team and work collegially with other staff members;
- A strong desire to be involved in the education of the whole child, socially, emotionally, spiritually and academically;
- High level of professional standards and conduct;
- Willing support for the Anglican ethos of the School;
- Agree to undergo a Criminal History/Police Check conducted by the School;
- Agree to be checked against the Anglican Church’s National Professional Standards Register (as per the Student Protection in Anglican Schools Procedures);
- In line with current government mandates, if you work for, or provide a service to the School, you are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by 23 January 2022;
- Must be an Australian resident and eligible to work in Australia.
- The ability to teach Mathematics Methods, Physics or Chemistry would be an advantage;
- A Master’s degree in a specialised area of education or other post graduate qualifications;
- A commitment to the Christian faith;
- A sense of innovation and creativity.
POSITION DESCRIPTION, GUIDELINES & CODE OF CONDUCT
- Applicants should address the Position Description: Classroom Teacher;
- Applicants should refer to the Recruitment Application Guide for Job Applicants;
- The School has a commitment to creating environments for children and young people to thrive. All staff must comply with the School’s Code of Conduct. All applicants are instructed to read and reflect their agreement of the School’s Code of Conduct – A Code of Conduct for Anglican Schools and Education & Care Services.
Applications are to include:
- Responses to the abovementioned Selection Criteria (refer to the Position Description, Recruitment Application Guide for Job Applicants, and Code of Conduct);
- A current CV;
- Names and contact details of three referees (phone and email). Referees must be able to be contacted during School holidays.
Applications close at 4.00pm on Thursday 16 December 2021.
Only electronic applications will be considered. Applications sent in the mail or hand delivered will not be accepted.
DO NOT APPLY VIA SEEK. ALL APPLICATIONS TO BE EMAILED DIRECTLY TO THE HEADMASTER, AS PER INSTRUCTIONS BELOW.
Applications are to be addressed as follows and sent via email only:
Dr Paul Browning
St Paul’s School
BALD HILLS QLD 4036
SHORTLISTING & INTERVIEWS
- Only those shortlisted will be contacted.
- Shortlisted candidates will be notified by early January 2022.
- Interviews will be held on Thursday 6 January and/or Friday 7 January 2022.