Permanent, Full Time Position
Commencing on Tuesday 17 January 2023
St Paul’s School is located in the outer northern Brisbane suburb of Bald Hills. It is an Anglican co-educational school from Pre-Prep to Year 12 with an International School.
The School is seeking an experienced Head of Department and Teacher of History, Geography and Business for Years 7 to 12, to fill the position of Curriculum Leader (Humanities & Business). Experience teaching Senior History would also be an advantage, but not essential.
The Curriculum Leader is responsible to the Director of Curriculum and the Director of Realms of Thinking for the Learning Programs (Years 7-12). The Curriculum Leader will work with appointed staff to ensure academic programs of study in the applicable area are effectively managed and that appropriate learning standards are met.
Teachers at St Paul’s are responsible for the delivery of a holistic education; that is, the development of resilient, global citizens, who are innovative thinkers with a heart for servant leadership. This includes being responsible for the implementation of the St Paul’s School Common Learning Framework as articulated in the School’s Guiding Principles and Strategies (GPS) document:
- Providing direction, supervision, and care for students;
- Effective planning, implementation and reviewing of learning programs;
- Maintaining professional standards as defined by the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers;
- Effective management of students in the classroom and wider school community;
- Emphasising the Christian ethos of the School.
Important conditions of employment:
- Must agree to undergo a Criminal History/Police Check conducted by the School;
- Must agree to be checked against the Anglican Church’s National Professional Standards Register;
- Must be an Australian resident and eligible to work in Australia.
- Applicants should address the Selection Criteria as outlined in the two Position Descriptions: Classroom Teacher and Curriculum Leader
- Applicants should refer to the Recruitment Application Guide for Job Applicants.
- The School has a commitment to creating environments for children and young people to thrive. All staff must comply with the School’s Code of Conduct. All applicants are instructed to read and reflect their agreement of the School’s Code of Conduct – A Code of Conduct for Anglican Schools and Education & Care Services.
- Applications should also include:
- A current CV;
- Names and contact details of three referees (phone and email).
Applications close at 4.00pm on Monday 10 October 2022.
Only electronic applications will be considered. Applications sent in the mail or hand delivered will not be accepted.
DO NOT APPLY VIA SEEK. ALL APPLICATIONS TO BE EMAILED DIRECTLY TO THE HEADMASTER, AS PER INSTRUCTIONS BELOW.
Applications are to be addressed as follows and sent via email only:
Dr Paul Browning
St Paul’s School
BALD HILLS QLD 4036
SHORTLISTING & INTERVIEWS
- Only those shortlisted will be contacted.
- Shortlisted candidates will be notified by Tuesday 11 October 2022.
- Shortlisted candidates may also be required to teach a lesson, under observation, as part of the recruitment process.
- Interviews will be held on Friday 14 October 2022. All shortlisted candidates must be available to attend an interview at the School on the 14th.