The program is about building relationships: for students to build relationships with Jesus through serving others and for the school to build relationships with the local and wider community.
What is Service Learning:
- Links service to academic, social and spiritual objectives;
- Involves young people in choosing and meeting real community needs;
- Includes on-going meaningful reflection;
- Promotes a sense of caring and community;
- Can be used in any subject area;
- Works at all ages, even among young children.
Common impacts of Service Learning Programs:
- Increase in academic engagement including affective, behavioral, and cognitive;
- Increase in valuing school;
- Increase in academic achievement;
- Increase in social-emotional outcomes such as resilience, managing conflict, respect for diversity and character development;
- Increase in community outcomes including knowledge, skills and dispositions.
Please refer to the attached for further information on the Service Learning Program.
Last modified on
08 March 2012 at